Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'M HOME!

Came home yesterday at around 3:30 and promptly passed out for 5 hours. Hadn't really slept in almost a week because of the pain and the hospital waking me every 2 hours.

So I'm at my mom's for the next 5 weeks. Gonna be rough, but better than being in the hospital by a million times.

Sage like words for everyone...

Don't take your legs or even health for granted. Be glad you can move and dance. I have to use this mega walker thing that basically carries my weight. Takes me minutes to walk 10 feet. Sucks. I can't drive, or leave the house except for doc visits. So take care of yourself and legs. Not being able to walk, get in and out of bed, shower, etc. is horrible.

Work on being healthy, because I saw too many people this past week that showed me what happens when you don't take care of yourself. Strokes aren't pretty. Getting old isn't pretty. Although there was this 90+-year-old lady in the group sessions who was pretty damn cool.

This whole situation has been pretty brutal and still is, but I know it will get better. Just have to be patient and not do anything stupid.

So everyone go out tonight and dance and celebrate the fact you can. Do it for me because I can't.

1 comment:

Brian Keene said...

Glad you're home, brother.